Sunday, January 9, 2011

Mini Ginger pancakes

Excuse my absence from the blog; I'm in China where blogspot and picasa are both blocked, so I've been having a heck of a time trying to figure out a way to post. :P I still can't get picasa so no pictures (sad), but at least I can post! I had a hankering for pancakes the other day but didn't have syrup, so I figured I could make flavored pancakes and skip the syrup altogether. It's too late for Christmas now, but next year! Along with gingerbread cookies and spiced milk/coffee, you can try ginger-flavored pancakes!

Ingredients
1/2 cup self rising flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp ground ginger
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup water

1. Beat water, egg, sugar, ginger. Stir in flour.

2. Over medium high flame, pour a Tbsp of the batter onto a nonstick pan. When little air pockets form on the top, flip and cook until the bottom is browned. Serve hot, with a little pat of butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment