Friday, May 15, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies


I finished an important, large section of my project at work that had been taking up pretty much all of my time and therefore left work around 4PM on Thursday. As it turns out, going home early? Means I get really bored sitting at home. So I decided to make chocolate chip cookies to bring to lab the next day, as a way to thank everyone who's helped me with my debugging and/or the rants that came with it.

I followed the Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, minus the walnuts. Instead of the Nestle chocolate chips though, I used Guittard because they were on sale at Safeway. Adrienne seems to think they taste better than other chocolate chips - I personally am not well-educated enough in the world of chocolate to tell the difference. (I can pretend to, but don't really, see a difference between Hersheys and Ghirardelli.) In my opinion, there is waaay too much sugar in this recipe and the cookies are way too sweet. However they were a big hit in the lab, so *shrug*

2 comments:

  1. are there leftovers? wink, wink...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... no, unfortunately they were gone around lunch. I do have some leftover dough though, that we should bake some other time :D

    ReplyDelete