Monday, May 4, 2009

Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies

I like hazelnut. I like chocolate chip. I am stressed. Clearly, this meant inventing a recipe (since I couldn't find one out there). I don't like lots of sugar and butter, so I halved the amount of sugar and butter in the standard chocolate chip cookie recipe. I also didn't have baking soda on hand, so I just substituted baking powder. The cookies turned out neither chewy nor obscenely sweet, with hazelnut and chocolate flavor - exactly the way I like. :P

Time: 0:30
Serves: depends on size of cookies

Ingredients
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 cup white sugar (you should do half brown half white if you have brown sugar. I didn't and didn't feel like shopping)
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 heaping or 3 flat teaspoons baking power
3 cups flour
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped hazelnuts, roasted
1 package instant hazelnut coffee mix

1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. With electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla, then baking power. Add flour and hazelnut coffee mix. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
3. Chill in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
4. Drop spoonfuls onto ungreased baking pan. I like doing small spoonfuls so the cookies are bite-sized. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until edges are browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment