Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sugar Sesame Seed Mix

My grandpa used to make this for me. I forget why, but he claimed it was somehow good for the health. *shrug* Anyway, it's a simple dessert that's tasty and low in calories (100 calories/serving, less if you use less sugar) if you're craving something sweet.

Time: 0:10
Serves: 2

Ingredients
3 Tbsp black sesame seeds
1 Tbsp sugar (or to taste)
1 Tbsp chopped walnuts (optional)

1. Grind the sesame seeds. A coffee grinder is best, but in a pinch, I pour them into a ziplock bag and use a rolling pin to crush them.
2. Mix with sugar. If it's not sweet enough, add some more, but make sure you don't cover the aroma of the ground sesame seeds. You shouldn't be able to see the white grains of sugar over the black of the sesame seeds.
3. Enjoy. They stay for a long time, so you can make more and keep it in an airtight container at room temperature (just be sure to keep it sealed away from ants and other such bugs). The quantity I specified is perfect for serving in a shot glass (and yes, I do happen to be a loyal Yankees fan).

1 comment: