Monday, August 24, 2009

Stuffed French Toast with Blueberry Compote


Hehe it looks and sounds much fancier than it really is. For the toast, i whipped together cream cheese and sugar, and spread between two slices of bread (plain cream cheese works too, as do chocolate chips and cream cheese). Then I dunked the sandwich into a mixture of beaten eggs, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cooked in some butter on a heated nonstick pan over medium/medium-high heat for a few minutes on each side until golden brown. Cut into triangles (because what other way is there to cut a sandwich??). Garnish with powdered sugar and blueberry compote. Ok, to be honest, I'm not exactly sure that what I made is "compote", but it sounds so fancy that way! I just heated up blueberries and a little sugar in a saucepan until the berry juices started to ooooze. Overall--delicious! I've definitely decided that stuffed french toast >>> regular french toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment