Monday, April 6, 2009

Double Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies


Back when I was a little kid, my mom made delicious cookies using a brownie mix and mint chocolate chips. Then, the chocolate companies stopped selling mint chocolate chips (at least in regular grocery stores) and so my mom never made the cookies again. A couple of years ago, I was inspired to try to make them using chopped up Andes Mints instead of mint chocolate chips, and I have been making (and loving!) them that way ever since.

Ingredients:
1 5 oz. package Andes Mints, cut up into relatively chip-sized pieces
1 Brownie mix
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 eggs
1/3 cup cooking oil

Directions:
Combine all ingredients, adding Mints last, stir until well mixed. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until cookies have just lost their gloss. Be careful not to overbake. Let cool for a couple minutes, remove from cookie sheet, and enjoy with a big glass of milk!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't had Andes mints in a very very long time, but now I know how I'll be using them the next time I get some.

    ReplyDelete