Friday, June 12, 2009

Mini Peach Pies

Since the mini cherry tarts were such a hit with my family, I decided to go with a similar concept for my team's picnic/BBQ. The white peaches looked so good in the store that I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make mini peach pies. I don't think I should use white peaches in the future though, since the color looks too washed out with a basket weave crust.

Time: 2:00
Serves: 10

Crust
See the recipe from the mini cherry tarts; it's exactly the same. I made the crusts a bit thinner for pies, though it's really just to your preference. Remember to set aside part of the dough for the top.

Filling
I borrowed the basics from the first Google result and modified it to the ingredients I had.

Ingredients
1 cup peeled, thinly sliced peaches
1.5 Tbsp sugar
1.5 Tbsp flour
two dashes cinnamon (I used about 1/8 tsp)
two dash salt (about 1/8 tsp)
1/2 Tbsp Triple Sec

1. Preheat oven to 350F.

2. Pour the Triple Sec on the peaches and mix to cover thoroughly. I don't know why peach pie recipes all call for lemon juice, but as I had no lemons on hand, I substituted the liqueur. The alcohol bakes off and it tasted fine.

3. Mix the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt. Pour on the peaches. Mix thoroughly.

4. Spoon the peaches into the pie crusts. Try to make them bulge up in the middle as much as possible. If the filling mix is too liquidy, don't add all the liquid to the pies - it will bubble out and ruin the look of your pies.

5. Roll out little circles to cover the pies with, making sure to slit them for vents. You can also try to cut four strips of even width and making a basket weave.

6. Bake for 40-45min. Let cool and set for 15-30min before removing from muffin pan and serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment