Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Ginger Tea

I hated the taste of ginger as a kid, so you can imagine how displeased I was when I was sick and on top of being miserable because I was sick, my grandmother would made me drink ginger tea. I've grown to enjoy the slight bite ginger has though, which was why when I started feeling under the weather, I whipped out the ginger and heated up a pot of ginger tea. Ginger is supposed to have warming qualities and help your circulation, so I guess it's good for when one's sick.

Ingredients
6-10 thin slices of ginger
3 cups water
brown sugar to taste (start with about 1Tbsp)

Bring the water to a boil. Toss in the ginger and simmer for about 30min, or until you can taste the ginger in the water. Add the sugar, and add more water if the ginger taste is too strong. Drink hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment