Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Tomato Mozzarella "Tart"















I'd seen a lot of recipes for a tomato mozzarella tart floating around on the internet, and I decided I wanted to try it since I loooove tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. However, I don't have a tart pan and am way too lazy to actually make a tart crust from scratch, so I simplified it a LOT by just using a refrigerated pie crust.

I baked the crust for about 10 minutes to crisp up the bottom, then layered it with fresh mozzarella and sliced up cherry tomatoes, and then I sprinkled a little parmesean cheese on top. I baked it at 350 for about 15-20 minutes (until the cheese is a little bubbly). This was very yummy, and it makes a delicious appetizer to serve at a party, or as a side dish for a meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment