Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Triple Chocolate Cookies















I recently made Triple Chocolate Chip cookies, using a recipe from my favorite baking blog Lovin' From the Oven.

I modified her recipe slightly to use all three kinds of chocolate chips (white, dark, and milk), and I also made a double batch, since I was bringing them to a party. Here's what I used:

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch processed)
1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
2/3 cup white chocolate chips
1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Combine butter and sugars until well mixed. Add oil and eggs, stir in vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix flour, cocoa and salt. Stir well. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir in chips. Scoop the batter onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 11-12 minutes at 350.

I actually didn't love these - they were good, but I think I prefer a normal cookie or a normal brownie, to these, which are sort of a cookie/brownie combination. But the boys I gave them to seemed to love 'em! :)

Here's a close up:

No comments:

Post a Comment